These carrots make a tasty and quick side dish that is both delicious and impressive. I was lucky enough to receive some fantastic pomegranate balsamic vinegar as a gift, so I decided to put it to use. The tangy balsamic mixes with the sweetness of the honey and a touch of spicy cayenne to create a complex and unique dish. It’s easy to whip up a pomegranate balsamic mixture of your own. I urge you to give this one a try.
Recipe and photos after the jump.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1lb carrots (I used rainbow carrots)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup pomegranate balsamic vinegar
(or 2 tbsp balsamic mixed with 2 tbsp pomegranate juice)
1 tsp raw honey
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Wash, peel and chop carrots into sticks of equal thickness
2. Grease cast iron skillet with olive oil
3. Brown carrots in skillet for 5-7 minutes, until they are crisp
4. Mix honey with pomegranate balsamic mixture
5. Cook carrots on medium for 10 minutes, as sauce thickens and begins to evaporate.
6. Season with cayenne pepper
Nutrition Info: Serves 4