This tasty recipe takes minutes to whip up and can be a side dish or a main course. Artichokes are loaded with fiber, Vitamin C, potassium, folic acid and magnesium. They add a great deal of flavor to this filling, antioxidant-packed dish.
1 cup quinoa, dry (I used red, but you can also use white or black)
2 cups broccoli, washed and chopped
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup veggie broth
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions
2. While quinoa cooks, sautee garlic in olive oil
3. Add broccoli and artichoke hearts and sautee for 2-3 minutes
4. Add veggie broth, season with salt, pepper and cayenne
5. Cover and steam on low for 4 minutes until broccoli is bright green and most of broth is absorbed.
6. Mix thoroughly with quinoa and serve.
Nutrition Info: 4 servings