I love spring! Now that the temperature has hit 60 I am already seeing shorts and flip flops everywhere. Not too shabby for a month that started off with a snow storm! I love popsicles, they are a healthy summer treat. I got some popsicle molds at Bed, Bath and Beyond for $3.99 and decided to whip up some healthy treats. These pops are filled with yummy fruit and healthy chia seeds. Packed with nutrients and fiber, it’s a great, low calorie treat.
Raspberry-Pineapple Chia Popsicles
Full recipe after the jump.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Freeze Time: 1-2 hours
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen pineapple
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup water
Step by Step Instructions:
1. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients
2. Pour mixture into popsicle molds, and freeze
I am a lawyer by day and a foodie by night! More about me...
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese #SundaySupper October 7, 2012
- Leftover Turkey and Vegetable Hash – #Sunday Supper November 18, 2012
- Mexican Chocolate Cookies #Sunday Supper December 9, 2012