So it’s truly fall. Yesterday I went apple picking! We got some fabulous early seasons apples and had a blast. Instead of making a pie or crumble, I decided to make a tasty salad to highlight these fall flavors. Simple and easy to make, this is a light dish that combines the nutty texture of farro with tart apples and crunch pecans. It may seem like a slightly strange combination, but it was soo delicious, especially when topped with fresh herbs.
2. In a medium pan, saute onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes
3. Add apples and pecans and toss thoroughly
4. Cook mixture on lowest heat setting for 5-6 minutes
5. Whisk lemon juice, mustard and thyme together
6. Combine farro, apple mixture and dressing together
7. Season with black pepper
8. Serve warm