Fennel is such a great and nutrition addition to any veggie dish. I have done a lot of things with fennel, but I’ve never roasted it. I decided it would be a great time to try with some tasty green beans. Simple and wholesome, this dish could not be easier to prepare. There is no excuse for not eating your veggies when they taste this good. After a crazy week of work, parties and holiday shopping, sometimes the best thing for you is some nice simple veggies.
UPDATE: My skillet lasagna made the Top 9 today!!!! Thanks to Ann for letting me know. Check it out here or click the sidebar ad.
1lb green beans, washed and trimmed
1 large fennel bulb, washed and sliced into chunks – Reserve the greens
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Slice the ends and the stalks off the fennel bulb
2. Slice fennel into 1-2″ wide chunks
3. Toss fennel, green beans and olive oil in a baking dish until coated
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste
5. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until crisp but cooked through
6. Serve with chopped fennel greens