I am SO excited for Christmas! I love the holidays and always have a wonderful time eating, drinking, and catching up with friends and family. I have been fiendishly baking cookies and look forward to branching out into other recipes as well. Tomorrow night, I will be at my friend Meghan’s Edible Balls party – where I hope to bring some bacon popcorn balls. I’ll let you know how these turn out. Onto the links.
Healthy Christmas Links:
- TakePart.com just featured my Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Soup as part of its Christmas dinner menu
- The Environmental Working Group just released a study about the dangers of feeding kids sugary cereal. If you don’t know the EWG – they provide lots of amazing scientific info about health risks associated with various products. I find the Cosmetics Database really helpful when making choices about which beauty products to buy. – CBS News
- Here’s a fascinating look at the (insane) foodie habits of Kim Jong Il – Bon Appetite
- Uh oh, I guess I shouldn’t be eating raw cookie dough – NY Times
Blogs and Recipes I love:
- The lovely Ann, over at Cooking Healthy for Me, made HOME MADE CHEEZ ITZ!!!! I need these immediately.
- I recently discovered the best blog – Banana Mondaes – Jules combines reading children’s books with cooking! She baked the most adorable Apple Ginger Pies while reading Amelia Bedelia!
- Bon Appetit has the most amazing recipe for Lamb Shanks with Pears – I can’t wait to try this