So I have been a very bad blogger this week. It turned out to be one of those week’s where all my good intentions went out the window and I didn’t post. Well I am going to make it up to you with a delicious and simple weekend recipe.
For me, spring means color. Fresh tasty fruits and veggies, beautiful blooming flowers and warm sunshine. Unfortunately it’s 39 degrees out right now, but as my mom taught me, it’s the thought that counts. So, I wanted to create something colorful and delicious. I had a perfectly ripe mango and wanted to take advantage so I threw together this yummy raspberry mango salsa. I was thrilled by how tasty it was. Despite the sweetness of the mango, the other flavors come together to create a really complex and tangy taste.
I served this with some salty blue corn tortilla chips, but I am kicking myself for not trying this with some nice grilled fish or chicken. This low calorie salsa is also low in sodium and packed with vitamins and minerals. You must give it a try. I think I might start taking it to parties, if I can resist eating the whole bowl!
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 6 oz container of raspberries, rinsed and chopped in half
- 1 jalepeno, washed and minced
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- juice of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, washed and chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss together
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow flavors to combine
- Serve and Enjoy!!!