So I have a special treat today! A product review and an AMAZING giveaway of products from Stubb’s BBQ! Attempting to make the best barbecue, Stubb’s line of sauces, rubs and marinades are made with all natural ingredients and are gluten free and contain no high fructose corn syrup. I was thrilled to get to try the brand new Green Chili Marinade. This marinade combines hatch chilies with garlic and lime for a spicy, tangy marinade that works beautifully with any type of meat.
Since I love a challenge, I wanted to find the perfect meal to build around this unique and tangy marinade. I decided on chicken tacos. This dish is low in calories and packed with tasty chili flavors. Along with Green Chili marinated chicken, I added a simple vinegar slaw for crunch and wrapped it all up in a whole wheat tortilla. The end result was fantastic! The chilies, lime and garlic really shone through and added enough heat for a tasty kick without overpowering the palate. A serving of two tacos has only 371 calories, so it’s a guilt free meal as well.
Interested in trying Stubbs products? You can buy their full line on the website or find their products at Kroger, Stop N’ Shop, ShopRite, Whole Foods, Albertson’s, Star Market and Bristol Farms. The Green Chili marinade is making its way to shelves right now!
Want to learn more about Stubbs?
- Read all about C.B. Stubblefield and his legendary West Texas barbecue HERE.
- Like Stubbs on Facebook
- Follow Stubbs on Twitter.
THE PRIZE: A yummy gift basket courtesy of Stubbs. Includes a bottle of Green Chile Marinade, Chicken Marinade, Sweet Heat Bar-B-Q Sauce, Bar-B-Q Spice Rub, canvas tote, t-shirt and cookbook!
HOW TO ENTER: 6 Ways to Enter this Giveaway – you MUST leave a separate comment for each entry
1. Follow me via email (box on the right) or RSS feed
2. Follow me on Pinterest
3. Follow Gen Y Foodie on Twitter
4. Like Gen Y Foodie on Facebook
5. Follow me on Google+
6. Leave a comment telling me what you’d make with these products
If you already follow me in any of these social media networks – that’s ok too. Just leave me a comment and let me know you are already a Facebook fan, ect…
REMEMBER: You must leave a separate comment for each entry.
CONTEST RULES: Giveaway is open to residents of the USA and Canada. The giveaway ends at 5pm EST on Monday, September 10, 2012. Winner will be announced Tuesday September 11, 2012.
And now onto the recipe….
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp Stubbs Green Chili Marinade
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, washed and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Marinate chicken breasts in a covered container in the refrigerator. Marinate for at least 3 hours - 6 is preferable
- Grill chicken and chop into 1" wide stips
- In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, green onions, and cilantro
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, lime juice and honey
- Toss the slaw until coated with dressing. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes
- To assemble tacos: Top one tortilla with 2 oz of chicken and approximately ½ cup of slaw. Drizzle with 1 tsp of marinade, if desired