Roast Chicken Week continues!!! First up is this simple, tasty salad that utilizes leftovers from my Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken. Although I enjoy cooking, I do like a quick and simple dinner now and again. This salad utilizes leftover cold chicken breast with some tasty fall flavors. Leafy greens, apples, cranberries and crunchy pecans combine to make a very filling and healthy salad.
This whole thing can be put together in 10 minutes, making it the perfect leftover dinner. Minimal dishes too. Throw this together and then catch up on the DVR. These days I am OBSESSING over Homeland. Any other obsessives out there?
- 8 oz of leftover chicken, white meat (approx 1.5 cups chopped)
- 4 cups of baby spinach or kale
- 1 apple, sliced (I used honeycrisp)
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Toss greens, pecans, apples, cranberries in a large bowl
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper
- Toss dressing with salad
- Plate and top with chicken
- Season with pepper