Leftovers! We don’t have a lot of them in my house because Craig has a very big appetite. But my Chicken Corn Chili recipe made plenty of them. Instead of just eating the tasty chili, I decided to find a way to use the leftovers.
Sweet potatoes are a healthy and filling ingredient for any meal. Packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, beta carotene and antioxidants, sweet potatoes also provide lots of healthy fiber. This meal was a no brainer. Bake some tasty sweet potatoes and stuff them with chili. The spicy chili paired beautifully with the creamy sweet potatoes and the result was an incredibly filling healthy meal. One stuffed potato has 325 calories and 29 grams of protein!
There are so many ways to stuff sweet potatoes, I’m already planning a few more variations. Veggies, grains, meat, cheese, you could do anything!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (approx 6oz each)
- 1 cup of Chicken Corn Chili
- ¼ cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, washed and chopped
- Wash sweet potatoes and wrap with aluminum foil
- Bake potatoes at 375 for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through
- Unwrap sweet potatoes and place on a baking sheet
- Slice each potato lengthwise
- Scoop ½ cup of chili into each potato and top with 2 tbsp cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Garnish with onions and cilantro and serve!