I don’t need to remind you of my love of Brussels Sprouts. My archives are filled with them, including some of my favorites such as Brussels Sprout Ceasar Salad, Brussels Sprout Hash, and Brussels Sprout Sitr Fry. In addition to my recipe obsession, I make them pretty much 1-2x per week. Usually this involves throwing them in the over and then consuming a while later, but once in a while I try to tweak the usual formula for something a bit more exciting. To go with the fabulous Bacon Wrapped Roast Pork Loin I made this weekend, I decided a healthy Brussels Sprout side dish was a necessary addition to the meal.
I roasted these sprouts on high heat with some coarsely chopped walnuts and tossed them with a healthy coat of garilc and olive oil. I finished them off undet the broiler for maximum crispness and seasoned with salt and pepper. Sometimes the best vegetables are the simplest. No need to dress up these delicous superpowered sprouts. Super easy, super simple and a perfect accompanyment for a tasty Valentine’s roast.
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, washed, trimed and quartered
- ⅓ cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Chop sprouts into quarters
- In a food processor, puree garlic in olive oil
- In a roasting pan or glass dish, toss sprouts and walnuts with the garlic/oil puree until everything is evenly coated
- Season with S&P
- Roast at 425 for 25 minutes, shaking around halfway through
- Finish under the broiler for 4-5 minutes to get extra crispy