Pesto Roast Potatoes

pesto-roast-potatoes-1

Roast potatoes are one of the simplest, tastiest side dishes. Sprinkle with something and then throw in the oven. There are a million ways to make them and they are all delicious. For such a versitile ingredient, I don’t generally do a lot with taters because they bore me. I like my potatoes in french fry form, so I usually don’t even buy them.

While making cornish game hens for the first time, I needed a simple side dish so I grabbed some pesto I had in the fridge and voila, yummy potatoes. I am now thinking of other ways to do this, I think my next try will be with cilantro pesto and maybe a squeeze of lime juice.

pesto-roast-potatoes-2

3. Roast for 30-40 minutes, tossing once halfway
  4. Serve hot.

pesto-roast-potatoes-3

, ,

10 Responses to Pesto Roast Potatoes

1. Melissa@EyesBigger February 22, 2013 at 5:44 am #

I also find potatoes boring… Except for roasted. Just love them. This sounds like a very tasty variation for me to try!

2. CCU February 22, 2013 at 7:30 am #

I love your way of roasting potatoes my friend, this is incredible :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

3. Angie@Angie's Recipes February 23, 2013 at 9:00 am #

This is definitely one of my favourite side.

4. Lori Lynn February 23, 2013 at 9:36 pm #

Those would be a big hit around here. Great to pair to chicken.
    LL

5. mjskit February 26, 2013 at 4:35 am #

These are the perfect roasted potatoes. I’ve always been afraid to roast potatoes with basil or pesto because I figures that it would burn before the potatoes are done. How wrong was I? These potatoes look delicious!

6. yummychunklet February 26, 2013 at 6:51 pm #

Yum! Very comforting looking!

7. Kim Bee February 27, 2013 at 4:47 am #

Love these potatoes. Roast veggies are my fave way to do them. They just pump up the flavour.

8. Nicole April 3, 2013 at 10:12 pm #

Great idea! I love pesto on everything but am yet to try this.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Friday Links & Carbs! | Generation Y Foodie - March 1, 2013

[...] Pesto Roast Potatoes [...]

2. Skillet Lasagna | Burning Down The Kitchen with Generation Y Foodie | Cravings of a Lunatic - March 14, 2013

[...] Pesto Roast Potatoes- freaking made these and love them! [...]