Friday Links & Carbs!

One of the good things about getting older is that you get to really know yourself well. Now that I’m 30, I’ve realized some universal truths about myself that took a while to figure out. I won’t bore you with most of them, but one is my absolute love of carbs. I cannot live without them. I respect the hell out of people who stick to low carb diets and have the willpower to sit still when there is a bread basket in sight. Because that is not me. To me, a life without bread and pasta is just not one worth living. There are many things I can give up for the short of long term but NEVER my delicious carbohydrates. Or coffee, but my love of coffee will take up thousands of words, so I’ll just leave it at that.

It’s been a while since I shared some of my favorite links with you. So I thought I’d start March out with some of my recent recipes as well as some favorites from my blogger friends. In sticking my my theme of carbs, here are some tasty recipes I’ve cooked up in the last few weeks. Are you following me on Pinterest? I have an entire board devoted to delicious CARBS!

Pomegranate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

pom-bread-2

Pesto Roast Potatoes

pesto-roast-potatoes-1

Black Forest Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic

Black Forest Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic 4

Homemade Power Granola

power-granola-5

I know I say this all the time, but I am continually astounded by the creative and delicious recipes that show up around the blogosphere every day. I could spend hours and hours just reading some of these amazing websites. Since I have carbs on the brain, these recipes kept sticking out to me, so I figured I’d share with you. And without further ado …

Dara’s Top 10 Carbs of the Week!

1. Whale Shaped Crackers with Cheddar – Home Skillet
  2. Vanilla Bean Scones – That Skinny Chick can Bake
  3. No Yeast Whole Grain Naan – Soni’s Food
  4. Pasta e Fagioli - Cravings of a Lunatic
  5. Apple Carrot Bacon Dog Biscuits – Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
  6. Chicken Fried Rice – Whipped
  7. Arancini Rice Balls – Katherine Martinelli
  8. Mushroom Bolognese with Gremolata - Culinary Colleen
  9. Green Bean Spelt Cake - Angie’s Recipes
  10. Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Gnocchi - An Italian Cooking in the Midwest

Amazing, right? So go visit these websites – tell em I sent you, and leave comments and lots and lots of love. Next week I have three new recipes coming at you that I’m super excited about. Healthy recipes, so enjoy the weekend because we will be going low cal next week!

Kisses!!

Dara

13 Responses to Friday Links & Carbs!

1. Joanna @ Chic & Gorgeous Treats March 1, 2013 at 7:43 am #

I always feel like I’m the naughty one because I tend to only make sinful treats. Perhaps I should really try making a healthier treat once a while. :D . But then I think my head just can’t stop thinking about chocolate right now. Have a great weekend. ♥ Jo

2. Kristina March 1, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

haha! LOVE a top 10 carb of the week list. I don’t think I could even narrow it down to 10… I was trying to come up with my next set of recipes for the month and I had to stop myself… every recipe I wanted to do was a sandwich. pasta. rice. haha

3. Liz March 1, 2013 at 3:11 pm #

This is why I adore you! Who else would have the Top 10 carbs of the week…LOL. There is no way I could go low carb, either! Thanks for the mention. xo

4. Susan March 1, 2013 at 4:04 pm #

This is an awesome list and I want to make everything on it! Thanks for including my link!

• Dara March 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

I had to – I love to make homemade doggie treats for my baby. I can’t help myself when I find a new recipe.

5. Jenn and Seth March 1, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

this is like the best post i ever read – i just adore carbs, everything looks and sounds soo soo good – and that pomegranate banana bread is so delicious i’ve made it twice! and thank you sooo much for including our crackers!

• Dara March 1, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

Thanks Jenn! Your crackers are amazing.

6. Colleen @ Culinary Colleen March 1, 2013 at 9:15 pm #

Thanks for including me! Everything looks delicious!

7. yummychunklet March 1, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

I still like the look of those pomegranates in the bread!

8. Katherine Martinelli March 2, 2013 at 12:09 am #

I am so with you on the carb love – just can’t help it! Thanks so much for including my arancini in your list :-D

9. Angie@Angie's Recipes March 2, 2013 at 8:11 am #

Dara, thank YOU so much for including Everything looks so good!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Angie

10. CCU March 3, 2013 at 6:46 am #

Delicious looking carb list here my friend :D

Cheers
    CCU

11. mjskit March 4, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

I had to laugh at the first line. I’m “almost” twice your age so I know A LOT about myself, probably more than I want to, but I’m quite comfortable with it all. :) I don’t mind taking the roll anymore and putting a tab of butter on it. And please – give me the mashed potatoes for a side. I’ll make a salad at home. Love your list of favorite carbs!