So, a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win the most amazing giveaway. The lovely Katherine Martinelli was giving away a Magimiz by Robot-Coupe food processor to celebrate her 2 year Blogoversary. I was the lucky winner of this giveaway and I have been BLOWN AWAY by this food processor. It has a whole bunch of different blades for slicing, julienning and pureeing. In addition, I was lucky enough to get the juicer and smoothie attachments as well.
So, I’ve been having a blast experimenting with my new toy. I’ve done some soups, some baking and some slicing but I decided it was time to try a slaw! Let me tell you, this thing makes a hell of a slaw! WOW. I used a few different blades to slice, chop and julienne and it was so much fun.
Anyway, I was inspired to make a delicious slaw because I’ve been slacking a bit in the veggie department lately. I wanted something that would be bursting with healthy cruciferous vegetables. So I combined kale, red cabbage and broccoli with my favorite veggies, Brussels sprouts. And the combination was fabulous.
I decided that this slaw needed a special dressing, so I created a delicious roasted garlic and rosemary vinagrette. I think you could dress this with a number of things, but roasted garlic adds a ton of flavor and is a great compliment to the crunch of the veggies.
- 3-4 cups of lactino (dinosaur) kale, washed, stems removed (approx 1 bunch)
- 2 cups red cabbage, washed
- 1 medium head of broccoli (approx 2-3 cups), washed
- 10-12 medium Brussels sprouts, stems removed and washed
- ¼ cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 head of roasted garlic (approx 12 cloves)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, washed
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp honey
- In a large food processor, shred veggies – you can also slice finely
- Toss veggies together in a large mixing bowl
- Add garlic cloves (remove from head), oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and rosemary to a blender and pulse until combined
- Serve salad tossed in 2 tbsp dressing and sprinkled with 1 tbsp pepitas